Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Weekend Raking


Saturday was spent gaming.  Not me, my kids.  Drove me nuts.  Such a beautiful day and they stayed indoors.  Even when I told them they had to get off electronics for a couple of hours they spent those hours indoors.  So Sunday morning, they raked.  I know it seems like punishment but really it's a family event.  DH cut up the branches left behind from Hurricane Sandy.  My girls raked and I filled the bags. 

I've gotten into the habit of starting a fire in our fire pit while the girl rake up their piles.  Here and there everyone adds sticks, twigs, logs and stand for a couple of minutes by the fire to warm their hands.  When the raking is complete, we roast marshmallows. 

They got sun, they got exercise, they got fresh air and they got marshmallows.  Yes there was some complaining and they took frequent breaks but the benefits far outweighed the frustrations.

Last weekend, I had my oldest make a fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment